Design & Digital Imaging Creative Intern
Syron Design Internship Program offers an immersive work program giving a student a hands-on holistic overview of creative client-based work while gaining invaluable experience working on national integrated marketing campaigns.
If you are ready to further your passion and gain hands-on experience with photography and video editing, then this is the opportunity for you. Syron Design is seeking a Design & Digital Imaging Creative Intern (photo editing and video). The intern will have the opportunity to gain full exposure to the complete process of digital production management, production development, and post-production editing. I have four photoshoots scheduled for 2023, it’s time to start designing digital experiences! You will receive continual guidance and feedback from marketing professionals.
Functions and Responsibilities:
· Assist in creating social videos, sizzles, promos, videos, and video assets
· Cataloging, organizing, selecting, and retouching brand photography
· Cataloging video assets
· Designing digital spots, reels, and advertisements
· Work with professional voice talent, color grading, and sound artists.
· Rough cut storylines, present to clients, final cut
· Story development, storyboarding, location scouting
As a one-person design studio, I have an “all hands-on deck” approach, and interns should expect to play multiple roles, handling a mix of responsibilities. You will work daily with the creative director and be asked to design, manage, and create work. The creative director worked in NYC design/ad agencies for 20+ years and was a professor for 7 years. You’ll be able to learn about the design/creative business from just about every aspect. If you can do that, you’ll walk away with a great portfolio.
· Ability to understand brand strategy, brand guidelines
· Ability to take creative direction
· Strong knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
· Experience editing with Premiere is required, After Effects a plus
· Significant knowledge of video editing and production is a must
· Professional skills: being a good listener, organized, able to follow through with deadlines
· Social, articulate, and a self-starter unafraid to take initiative with minimal oversight
· Eligible to work in the U.S.
· Hours are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule
· Combination of in-person and remote work (90% remote)
· Must be able to commit to a consistent working schedule
· Must work 10 hours a week school year (negotiable at interview) 10-20 summer
· If college credit is necessary, the creative director is willing to work with your program chair to fulfill those college requirements.
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9am-5pm; 2-4 days a week depending on availability (ideally 4 days a week); Optional weekend hours if the intern would like flexible hours to balance homework. Student must be responsible for meeting deadlines.
If you’re right for the job, please email a resume, portfolio (website, youtube channel or PDF) of your work when applying.
Salary: $20-30 depending on experience
Company: Syron Design | www.syrondesign.com
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 – $35.00 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Flexible schedule
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Syron Design is fully vaccinated.
Education: In College